About 8:35 p.m. Tuesday in the district, an 18-year-old man who was fatally shot in the head in the 2700 block of West Gladys Avenue according to police. He was taken to Stroger Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Around 9:40 p.m. in the district, a 24-year-old man was shot in the leg in a drive-by shooting in the 100 block of North Keeler Avenue in the West Garfield Park neighborhood. He was taken in fair condition to Stroger Hospital, police said.
On the Far South Side, a 29-year-old man was shot to death in the 1000 block of West 103rd Street in Washington Heights, police said.
Police responding to calls of a person shot found Marcus Childs next to a vehicle. He had suffered several gunshot wounds and was pronounced dead on the scene, police said. He lived about five miles north in the 6400 block of South Paulina Street, according to the Cook County medical examiner.
• A 26-year-old man was critically injured about 11:45 p.m. Tuesday while walking in the 2900 block of North Mason Avenue in the Belmont Central neighborhood on the Northwest Side. The man was struck in the buttocks and groin. He was taken in critical condition to Community First Medical Center.
• A 25-year-old man was shot in the right thigh in the 2800 block of West North Avenue about 7:25 p.m. He got himself to Norwegian American Hospital, where police said he was in good condition.
• On the South Side, a 40-year-old man walked into the Englewood District police station, 1438 W. 63rd St., with a gunshot wound to the right thigh about 7:15 p.m., police said. He told officers the shooting happened about a half a mile away in the 6000 block of South Throop Street. The man was taken in critical condition to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, police said.
• An apparent intruder shot a 45-year-old man about 7:05 p.m. in the 6700 block of South Chappel Avenue in the South Shore neighborhood, according to police. The victim told police he was inside a home when a man entered and fired a shot, hitting him in the leg, police said. The 45-year-old was taken in critical condition to Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
• A 16-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man were shot about 6:05 p.m. in the 1500 block of North Rockwell Street in the Humboldt Park neighborhood. The boy was wounded in the arm and leg and was listed in good condition at Mount Sinai Hospital. The man got to Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center in a private vehicle. He suffered a graze wound to the hand and was also in good condition, police said.
• A shooter in a gray Honda opened fire and hit a 17-year-old boy in the lower back about 5:30 p.m. in the 2000 block of West 19th Street in the Heart of Chicago neighborhood, police said. The 17-year-old was taken in good condition to Mount Sinai Hospital.
• On the Far South Side, a 42-year-old man was shot in the leg and foot in the 10400 block of South Vernon Avenue in the Rosemoore neighborhood about 2:50 p.m., police said. The man got himself to Little Company of Mary Hospital and Health Care Center in Evergreen Park, where he was in good condition, police said.