House Democrats introduced articles of impeachment Wednesday against President Donald Trump, though they acknowledged their efforts have no chance of success while Republicans control both houses of Congress.
Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tennessee, introduced five articles of impeachment that include obstruction of justice for Trump’s decision to fire former FBI Director James Comey, two emoluments clause violations, undermining the independence of the federal judiciary and undermining the freedom of the press.
“The time has come to make clear to the American people and to this President that his train of injuries to our Constitution must be brought to an end through impeachment,” he said.
Cohen, the ranking member on the House judiciary committee’s Constitution subcommittee, acknowledged the limitations of his proposal.
“I don’t expect the House judiciary committee, which is operated like a branch of the administration, to take up hearings,” he said.
He told members of the press he would likely be facilitating briefings in lieu of hearings.
“There are many reasons why I think the President is an awful President, an awful person, but not all those reasons rise to the level of impeaching a sitting President. We are not seeking his impeachment because of what he did before he was President,” Rep. Luis Gutiérrez, D-Illinois, one of the bill’s co-sponsors, said beside Cohen.
White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders responded in a statement, saying time spent calling for Trump’s impeachment “would be better spent focusing on tax relief for American families and businesses.”
“It’s disappointing that extremists in Congress still refuse to accept the President’s decisive victory in last year’s election,” she said.
Michael Ahrens, a spokesman for the Republican National Committee, called the impeachment effort “radical.”
“House Democrats lack a positive message and are completely unwilling to work across the aisle, so instead they’ve decided to support a baseless radical effort that the vast majority of Americans disagree with,” he said.
This isn’t the first time Democrats have argued to impeach Trump. Earlier this month, Rep. Pramila Jayapal, D-Washington, said the President has committed “significant constitutional impeachable violations,” adding that Democrats needed to act.
O.J. Simpson was reportedly removed from a Las Vegas casino early Thursday morning for unruly behavior.
Simpson’s lawyer, Malcolm LaVergne, said the Simpson was banned from The Cosmopolitan hotel, according to The Associated Press. LaVergne said no reason was given for the ban.
But LaVergne said that the story about Simpson being drunk at The Cosmopolitan is completely untrue.
LaVergne also said that the hotel-casino had apparently decided before Simpson’s visit to trespass him from the property. LaVergne says that after Simpson was notified, he left the hotel-casino quietly.
In addition, Simpson is challenging anyone with proof that he was drunk and belligerent to come forward. He is also taking steps to make sure that his probation officer is clear about what happened.
The family of fallen Army soldier La David Johnson confirmed that President Donald Trump did disrespect her son and his entire family during a condolence call, allegedly. Trump vehemently denied the claims via Twitter, saying that Congresswoman Frederica S. Wilson misheard what transpired on the call after witnessing the discussion during a limousine ride.
SUBMIT YOUR MUZIQ AND HEAR IT PLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND DURING PODCASTS!
Sgt. La David T. Johnson’s mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Washington Post that she was present during the call from the White House on Tuesday to Johnson’s widow, Myeshia Johnson. Johnson’s mother also stood by an account of the call from Rep. Frederica S. Wilson (D-Fla.) that Trump told Johnson’s widow that her husband “must have known what he signed up for.”
“President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband,” Jones-Johnson said.
Trump lashed back. He denied Wilson’s account in a Twitter message Wednesday. He said he had “proof” that the exchange did not go as Wilson had described. Trump did not elaborate, but White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the president had not taped the conversation. She said several White House staffers were in the room during the call, including chief of staff John Kelly.
Twitter Fingers Trump defended himself in his usual ham-fisted fashion, using the finesse of a stampeding water buffalo. Although all of this is speculation, how shocking would it be if it were true? Also “that Congresswoman” has a name, Mr. President.
A gunman opened fire on an outdoor country music concert near Mandalay Bay late Sunday, killing at least 50 people, injuring more than 200 and sending the Las Vegas Strip into chaos.The massacre is believed to be the worst mass shooting in United States history.
One off-duty Las Vegas police officer attending the concert was among the victims killed.
The suspect, Stephen Paddock, 64, was killed by police on a high-level hotel floor at Mandalay Bay, Sheriff Joe Lombardo said early Monday. He said police believed they had located Marilou Danley, a person of interest associated with Paddock.
Police also found two vehicles, a Hyundai Tucson, Nevada license plate 114 B40, and a Chrysler Pacifica Touring, Nevada license plate 79D 401.
The attack came during the last performances on the final night of the three-day Route 91 country music festival, which has been held for the past four years on a 15-acre lot on Las Vegas Boulevard across from Mandalay Bay.
Gunfire from an automatic weapon rang out while Jason Aldean was onstage. Concertgoer Ivetta Saldana, who was there with a friend, said the shots sounded like fireworks.
She said she hid in a sewer.
“It was a horror show,” she said at the Town Square shopping center south of the Strip. “People were standing around, then they hit the floor.”
One responding officer was critically injured, and another had minor injuries, police said.
False reports of other shooters:
At one point police were investigating reports of active shooters at other Strip properties. Those reports turned out to be false.
Mandalay Bay, the MGM Grand and the Tropicana remained on lockdown at 2:25 a.m. Guests were told to stay in their rooms, and the hotel is not letting people into the building.
Roads throughout the area, including I-15 between Blue Diamond Road and Charleston Boulevard, were shut down. The Metropolitan Police Department is asking people to avoid the south Strip.
It appeared the shooter was firing down at concertgoers from upper-level rooms at Mandalay Bay. He was killed on the 32nd floor, police said.
Scores of victims were transported to hospitals across the valley. One off-duty police officer from Bakersfield was among the victims.
A man accusing Usher of exposing him to herpes claims the two had sex at a spa in Los Angeles.
The unidentified male accusing the R&B star of exposing him to herpes alleges that the pair had sex at a spa in Koreatown, Los Angeles, according to documents obtained by TMZ.
Usher has refused to take an STD test and admit he has herpes, according to the documents.
One man and two women are suing the “U Got it Bad” singer for millions of dollars for exposing them to the sexually transmitted disease.
Quantasia Sharpton is one of the accusers, who has been outspoken in her battle against Usher, claiming the two had a sexual encounter at her hotel room in Atlantic City on her 19th birthday two years ago.
The other woman alleges she had two sexual encounters with the singer and had two twins that were stillborn, according to TMZ.
The trio claims Usher never told him he had herpes before engaging in a sexual encounter, which is a violation of California law, according to their lawyer Lisa Bloom.
The allegations came after the singer had paid $1 million to a woman he allegedly infected with the disease.
Usher’s herpes accuser claims she has video proof of their hookup
In a report by RadarOnline from last month that detailed the $1 million lawsuit from 2012, the suit stated that the singer was diagnosed with herpes around 2009 or 2010.
Usher denied “each and every allegation” in court documents.
Two teenagers were beaten and robbed on a Pink Line train Wednesday afternoon in the North Lawndale neighborhood on the West Side.The boys, ages 18 and 17, were riding the train when the older boy was approached by five male suspects, according to Chicago Police. They battered him and demanded his property.
The victims got off the train at the Pulaski station in the 2000 block of South Pulaski, and the suspects followed, police said. They then beat the younger boy and stole his property before leaving the platform.
Both victims declined medical attention, police said.
Donald Trump isn’t even in office yet and he’s already ruffling feathers. Democrats and even a few Republicans aren’t too thrilled about The Donald taking over the White House on January 20. But, GOP officials in Maine and Arkansas may be anticipating the change in authority because they’ll be able to start limiting benefits received by those less fortunate.
So, where will the Trump administration start with cuts? According to PBS.org, the House Republicans are looking to overhaul the current Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) food stamp plan. Although there is no plan to cut the food stamp program in its entirety, the major overhaul will bring about serious change.
In a nutshell, they plan to create more requirements and stipulations to make it much harder for recipients to continue receiving food stamps. However, the overhaul doesn’t stop there. In addition to jumping through hoops to get food stamps, they also plan to regulate what recipients can buy. That’s right. You won’t be able to purchase whatever you choose. It has been reported that junk food will be restricted. The incentive is reportedly a strategy to encourage recipients to purchase healthier food. But, the overhaul may not stop there. During an interview with The Associated Press, Rep. Mike Conaway, R-Texas, revealed other areas may also be revised if it is determined that improvements are needed. “There’s nothing off the table when it comes to looking at solutions around these areas where we think improvements need to be made,” said Conway.
Right now, approximately 43 million people receive SNAP. Last year, the government spent an estimated $74 billion on the program in 2015, nearly twice the amount it cost in 2008. So, of course, Republicans are about to hit the SNAP program quite hard. As expected, people are angry and see the food stamp overhaul as another way for Trump to take from those in need so wealthy pockets can be fattened.