A 47-year-old woman from suburban Chicago paid the entirety of R Kelly’s bail, allowing the embattled R&B singer to be freed from jail as he awaits his trial on sexual abuse charges.
According to The Chicago Tribune, the unidentified woman — described as “a friend” of Kelly’s — posted the bail — 10% of the $1 million bond set by a judge on Monday.
Since his arrest on Friday, Kelly struggled to come up with the funds to cover his bail. His lawyer, Steve Greenberg, told the judge that the singer’s finances are a “mess” due to his ongoing legal issues.
After learning of Kelly’s financial plight, some of his female fans reportedly reached out to the county clerk offering to cover the cost of his bail.
Upon his release last night, a seemingly unfazed Kelly made a beeline to his favorite McDonald’s — a place where he previously found himself in trouble after picking up an underage girl on her prom night.
Kelly is due back in court on March 22nd. If convicted of the charges in Chicago, he faces between 40-70 years in prison.
R&B singer Chris Brown, who was arrested in Paris with two other people on suspicion of rape, has been released from police custody, the French prosecutor’s office says.
The police are still investigating the case, the French prosecutor’s office added on Tuesday.
The arrests were first reported by Closer magazine, which said Brown, his bodyguard and a friend were detained after a 24-year-old woman alleged she was raped at the singer’s suite at the Mandarin Oriental hotel on the night of January 15.
The woman said she had met the men at a Paris nightclub earlier in the evening, according to the magazine.
CHICAGO — Chicago building inspectors have found code violations at R. Kelly’s recording studio, including evidence the industrial space was used as a residence.
Building Department spokesman Gregg Cunningham says the agency will list the violations during a court hearing next week. He says the inspectors were looking at plumbing, electrical systems and carpentry.
Kelly’s attorney, Steve Greenburg, says no one was living at the studio and it should not be surprising that it included places for sleeping or taking breaks.
Kelly has been hit in recent weeks with sexual misconduct allegations. The Lifetime documentary series “Surviving R. Kelly” recently drew fresh attention to the allegations and the #MeToo and #MuteRKelly movements have held protests outside the studio demanding promoters stop booking his concerts.
Greenburg says the inspectors didn’t find anything supporting misconduct by Kelly.
Genealogy Records May Indicate that J. Edgar Hoover Was African-American
Was founding FBI director J. Edgar Hoover an African-American man?
Nearly 40 years after the death of founding FBI director J. Edgar Hoover, research may reveal that the crime fighting bureau chief was actually African-American according to “The Washington Post.”
“My grandfather told me that this powerful man, Edgar, was his second cousin, and was passing for white,” says Millie McGhee, an African-American relative of Hoover’s. “If we talked about this, [Edgar] was so powerful he could have us all killed. I grew up terrified about all this.”
McGhee began to uncover facts about the possibility of Hoover’s Black ethnicity after she dug through altered court records, conducted oral interviews with both white and Black Hoovers and enlisted licensed genealogists who determined that Hoover was indeed a relative of hers.
The mystery of Hoover’s genealogy has become a topic of interest recently due to the the Clint Eastwood film “J. Edgar” released earlier this month. In the film, Eastwood makes no mention of Hoover’s race, much to the chagrin of his Black relatives such as McGhee.
“Since the movie has come out, so many people have asked me why my information about Hoover’s black roots was not included,” said McGhee who has authored two books on the topic, “Secrets Uncovered: J.Edgar Hoover-The Relative” and “Secrets Uncovered : J. Edgar Hoover Passing For White?”
Do you think McGhee’s research on J. Edgar Hoover’s genealogy should have been included in Eastwood’s film?
Click on the link below for audio
Click on link below for audio
Click on link below for audio
USA Today Sports reports that Drake’s been issued a warning by the NBA over “the use of bad language” during the games. This comes shortly after his confrontation with Kendrick Perkins during Game 1 of the Cavs vs. the Raptors. League spokesperson Tim Frank said that the Raptors have also discussed this with Drake already.
There hasn’t been any details on the warning nor does it seem like he’ll be facing any sort of punishment for it but there’s a good chance we won’t be getting any more viral moments from the rapper in the future. This season the NBA has also taken an effort to stop fan misconduct which also includes the use of verbal abuse.